Jan 31, 2017

Neighbourhood Watch - "999" or "101"? (a reminder)

Thanks to Orston NHW for the following useful advice:


The following guidelines will help to ensure we contact the police in the most efficient way

Emergency Calls – 999

Should only be used where police attendance is required immediately such as when a crime is in progress or someone is at risk of attack


Local Police – 101

This number should be used for all other enquires including reporting crimes which have already happened (e.g. stolen car / property damage), where there is no sign of an offender. Also, for general police information and advice


Meeting a police officer

If you wish to meet with a police officer you can call “101” and make an appointment. Appointments are prioritised depending on the nature of the request.  An appointment is necessary because stations are not always manned.


Scheduled appointments free up police officers' time, enabling them to resolve more incidents more quickly than they could if they travelled to see everyone who is a victim of crime.


Crimestoppers – 0800 555 111

If you wish to report a crime anonymously use this number

It’s very important to report crimes as otherwise rural communities may not be given the required level of resourcing they deserve.



John Shilton

Principal Co-ordinator

Bottesford Parish NHW

Email: JohnS@bottesfordparishNHW.org.uk

Mobile: 07725636626




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.